I hope you all had a great weekend! I came home to a house full of family and a fridge stocked with clean food, so it’s been pretty awesome:) We had a bbq the last night and wanted to make Little B’s coconut chicken, but were out of coconut. So I came up with a quick fried chicken recipe to replace it!
Clean Fried Chicken
1lb. chicken breast tenderloins
1/2 cup oat flour
1/4 cup almond meal
2 tbs. nutritional yeast
1tbs. Bragg organic sprinkle seasoning (or any spices you’re feelin’!)
3 egg whites
1/2 tbs. coconut oil
- Cut the chicken strips in to halves.
- In one bowl, combine the flour, meal, yeast, and seasoning.
- In another bowl, place the egg whites.
- Heat 1/4 tbs. of the coconut oil on medium in a large skillet.
- Dip the chicken in to the egg whites, and then the flour mixture.
- Let the chicken rest for a minute or two in the flour mixture.
- Fry the coated chicken in the oil for about 8-10 minutes per side
- Add the remaining oil to the pan for the next round of frying!
Don’t forget to check out Powercakes blog for more #powermealaweek recipes!