All I want right now is a cookie.
You know those days that are rainy and cold and make you want to stay inside to watch a movie? Yesterday was one of those days. Unfortunately living in San Francisco, it is almost always rainy and cold. So I want to have lazy movie days way too often! I already got my workout done this morning, but it was killer (I could barely walk out of the gym) so I am just dead tired right now and have no motivation to do anything…which is includes eating clean.
Movie days always include little extras that never seem to add up in our minds. Hot chocolate to start the day off, popcorn with the movie, baking cookies when you realize you don’t really like the movie you chose, candy to fend off the mid-afternoon nap, wine to make you feel somewhat civilized because your couch has a permanent indent from your a$$. It’s a seemingly safe activity that can go so wrong, so fast!
Now I’m not suggesting that you give up having a rest day, but I do have some ideas for cleaning it up a bit:)
- Get your workout done early in the morning because you’ll be more inclined to skip it if it’s later in the day. Head to the gym or do some yoga at home if it’s rainy.
- Netflix!! The impulse purchase section at BlockBuster isn’t really an issue anymore (Baby Bottle Pops anyone?), but even heading to the nearest Red Box can take you dangerously close to the snack aisle where you’re probably going to make some bad decisions.
- Don’t skip meals! Having all of your meals ready for the day will keep you from grazing on sugary snacks all day.
- Choose air-popped, plain popcorn and add spices such as: chili powder, garlic powder, rosemary, or cocoa powder. Try pizza popcorn to mix it up! 1 Tbs oregano, 1/2 Tbs basil, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, 2 tsp black pepper, 1 tsp fennel, 1tsp thyme, and some red pepper.
- Ditch the hot chocolate for some chai or peppermint tea. They both have a little bit of holiday in them, and aren’t loaded with sugar or empty calories.
- Stretch! Use the time that you’re just sitting there to do some good for your body! Whether it’s a full stretching routine or your just reach for your toes every few minutes, you’re working those muscles.
I hope you all enjoy the beginning of the cold and rainy winter season:) I can’t wait for the holidays (I’m a bit of a Christmas freak) and am excited to show you how clean it can be! Help me out though:
what Christmas treats would you like to see cleaned up?
Also, I’m working on putting together a contest for December! Look forward to that:)