I know, I know, they are just headbands right? SO WRONG!
I heard about these amazing headbands when I took an Xtend Barre workout with my stepmom a few weeks ago. The magic of them is that they never slip! Seriously, EVER. They have a velvet lining that keeps them on! Not only are these headbands just so handy for workouts, but they are sold by a pretty inspiring company.
BIC stands for “Because I Can” and they were created for a run with Team in Training. Each month they choose a new charity to donate some of their proceeds to. This month, $1 from each sale will be donated to the victims of Hurricane Sandy. So go buy some 😉
My stepmom sent me a few, and they have a ton of designs to choose from! I’m coming up with a challenge for the new year, and am hoping to include some BIC Bands in the prize because I just love their message!
I also have been going a little pancake crazy lately. I always forget how they can fit perfectly with my macros and still taste delicious! Here’s a carb-free recipe that I’ve been loving.
1/4 cup almond flour (make your own! Just grind almonds in a food processor)
1 tsp baking powder
4 egg whites
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract (optional)
- Heat a small pan on medium heat.
- Combine the almond flour and baking powder together.
- Whisk the egg whites and extracts.
- Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture.
- Cook like regular pancakes! Flipping when the top is fully covered with little bubbles.
- Top with protein powder frosting (pp powder and water) or a little greek yogurt!