Jamie Eason’s Apple Cinnamon Protein Bars
These bars are a perfect no-carb treat for when feeding time is inconveniently placed during class time:)
Makes 16 squares (64 calories)
-4 scoops vanilla protein powder (I’ve used chocolate in a pinch and it’s not too bad!)
-1/2 cup almond meal (grind up almonds in a food processor or magic bullet)
-2 tsp baking powder
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp nutmeg
-1/4 tsp allspice
-3 egg whites
-4 drops of liquid stevia
-1/2 cup fat-free cottage cheese
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1 medium apple grated using the large holes
- Prepare an 8×8 baking dish and preheat oven to 350.
- Whisk protein powder, almond meal, baking powder, salt, and spices.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg whites, sweetener, cottage cheese,and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until combined.
- Fold in the grated apple until mixed in.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator.