OATS ARE BACK. They never really went away, but they weren’t too interesting for awhile. It’s been rough getting back to clean eating. Fortunately, I haven’t been thrown way off track. Yesterday I was curling with my usual 30lb barbell, and it felt a little too easy. So I went for the 40lb barbell, and it was perfect! Feeling pretty good about my progress:)
I only took a month or so off, but I keep forgetting that I need to pack my food or make a bunch of food beforehand. There has been a lot of yogurt and rice cakes lately because I’m so absentminded! Luckily, I remembered to make some overnight oats for my 6am work shift today:)
Blackberry Mocha Overnight Oats
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 packet instant coffee
- 1 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 drops stevia extract
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 3/4 cup water
- Put everything in a jar, mix, seal and refrigerate overnight!
The EAT, with some protein of course. 🙂
Sh!t is getting so real tomorrow. I haven’t been eating clean AT ALL. It’s so weird to go from 100% clean eating to about 5%. My life feels so out of order, and so does my body. I feel gross all the time because it’s just not normal for me. Now I’m finally all unpacked in SF, and will be going grocery shopping tomorrow. A lot of people ask me what they should buy to begin eating clean, and I thought that since I’m starting from scratch, I’d share my grocery list!
- 99% lean chicken breast (probably at least 2lbs, I’m a poultry freak)
- egg whites
- greek yogurt
- cottage cheese
- natural peanut butter
- old fashioned oats
- brown rice
- whole wheat tortillas
- brown rice cakes
- bell peppers
That should last me about a week! I better go clip some coupons…
So back in December I got a message from Lynda from www.fitnessmomwinecountry.com informing me that she nominated me for the Liebster Award! WOOOOOOOO! I had no idea what she was talking about so I checked out her post (it was such an honor that an established blogger had noticed ME!). Apparently, the Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. I’ve needed that lately:)
The rules of the Liebster are simple:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 interview questions you’ve been given by the person who nominated you.
- Create 11 new questions.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and mention them in your post.
- Go and tell the person who nominated you, along with the people you’ve nominated about your post.
So here it goes, and thank you so much Lynda!
11 Random Facts About Me
- I usually only like songs that I know the words to, so I can sing along!
- I secretly have a very girly side (I love pink, glitter, shopping, The Notebook, and Call Me Maybe).
- People tell me secrets because I have the memory of a goldfish:)
- I can touch my tongue to my nose.
- I used to be terrified of dogs, and now I absolutely LOVE them.
- I love cooking and think that any problem can be solved with a snack and/or cake.
- If there is music playing, I’m probably dancing to it.
- One of my favorite things to do is drive and listen to the radio.
- I like knowing other people’s favorite colors.
- I’m a book whore, I’ll read anything I can get my hands on.
- I’ve donated almost three gallons of blood.
Questions from Lynda:
- What is your fav body part that you just love? My butt because I’ve worked pretty hard for it;)
- Are you organized and keep lists OR just wing it? LISTS ARE MY LIFE.
- Would you tell someone if they dropped a dollar on the ground OR just pick it up and figure who cares? I believe in karma so I would definitely tell them.
- Do you bring your own bags into the market OR do you forget them at home? SF charges for bags so you know I’m bringing my own!
- How often do you replace your running shoes? Not often enough.
- Do you truly “prep” your food for the next day and plan ahead to be ready to eat healthy? If you fail to plan, you plan to fail! Definitely.
- Did you eat “sugar” cereal as a kid, if so which was your fav? YES. French Toast Crunch, Cookie Crisp, and Oreo-O’s…I may have had a bit of a sweet tooth.
- Do you prefer to shop on-line OR get out of the house and be amongst people? I have a real problem with online shopping, I do it too often…
- What is your dream vacay spot with your spouse/lover/partner? Probably Paris, not sure why though.
- Do you have a “motto” you live by? “Treat others how you would like to be treated.”
- How often do you update your play list? Never, I’m awful at it! I’m addicted to 8tracks and Pandora though.
11 Questions for the Nominees:
- What’s your favorite snack?
- Would you rather be stuck on a deserted island alone with a lifetime supply of food or with your best friend and no supplies?
- What is your fitness pet peeve?
- Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter?
- Who inspires you most?
- If someone made a movie about your life, who would play you?
- What song pumps you up for a workout?
- If you could eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What was the best gift you ever received?
- What’s your dream job?
- What’s your favorite color?:)
And the nominees are…..
A Healthier, Fitter ME!
Such Great Bites
Curly Runner Bug
Sweets ‘n’ Sweat
Lisa Runs for Cupcakes
Twenty-Five Thousand, One Hundred Fifty-One
Fit Girls Rock
Mom, Vet, Survivor…Triathlete?
Be sure to check them all out!
I’m not usually one to make New Year’s Resolutions (or keep them), but my lifestyle has changed so much in 2012 that they seem right up my alley! I probably have a few too many, but I’m feeling especially challenge-y this year:)
In no particular order:
- Do a pull-up!
- Perfect my push-up.
- Listen to Call Me Maybe more often (I’ve been pretty successful with this one).
- Do a Random Act of Kindness at least once a day.
- Stretch every day.
- Blog at least once a week.
- Enjoy my lifestyle AND my life (Hey, I’m 21!)
- FINALLY GET AWESOME ABS
Me in 2014;)
One of my friends jokingly told me that her New Year’s Resolution is to just “do her”, and I actually really like it! It’s the best resolution that I’ve heard so I’ve decided that I’m going to focus on just “doing me” and being myself this year. I’m not going to try to prove anything to anyone except myself. I’m already my best critic, so who better to judge myself than me?
Did you make any resolutions that you plan to keep? Or have any that you plan on completely ignoring?:)
It’s been quite awhile since you’ve heard from me! It’s been a super busy month with the holidays, my birthday, and a trip to Maui!
My brothers, sister, and niece all together for the holidays:)
Indulging just a little on my 21st;)
So, you can probably guess that this hasn’t been the cleanest break for me. I did achieve my goal of sticking with my meal plan until my birthday, but it’s been pretty much downhill since then. You could drown an army with all of the sugary, tropical drinks that I had in Hawaii:) I didn’t stick to any meal plan at all for a whole week, and it was tough to lose control for that long! Usually everything about my life is pretty structured (eat at 9am, eat at 12pm, gym at 2pm….), so it was an adjustment to get used to 3 meals a day and no gym.
I don’t regret any of the cheats though. To be honest with you, I’m stil not 100% back on track. Hey, I’m human! I’m just enjoying being home for a few more days before it’s back to the grind:)
Just wanted to give y’all a little update on where I’ve been and why I’ve been completely ignoring you:) Tomorrow I’ll share my New Year’s Resolutions and later this week I’ll tell you about the Liebster Award that I was nominated for!